We know the weather hasn’t been very inspiring lately, but you can’t let that keep you sequestered at home, glued to your TV screen. One of our New Year’s resolutions is to try to do one new thing every week. And, yes, these are New York City-focused, but it shouldn’t stop you from adapting the list to wherever you are!
- Once the snow starts, give the ice skating rink a break and pick up a sled. A good old cafeteria tray should do the trick too. Pilgrim Hill in Central Park is a great place to start. It is, after all, one of New York City’s best sledding spots!
- Pick up a new skill. We highly recommend taking a cooking class at the Brooklyn Kitchen. You can learn how to make fresh pasta or how to brew your own beer!
- Visit the NYPL and check out the Lunch Hour exhibit, on display until February 17th. We love any thing that pays homage to the hot dog, pizza, street food in general!
- Join a book club. You can search for one near you or just get a group of friends together and start with your favorite book.
- Volunteer. Visit the New York Cares website to get a list of ways to help. Sandy relief is still underway, and we’re sure they could use an extra hand or two.