Our Fall ‘12 campaign celebrates New York City in all its complex splendor. And even though over here at AU we’ve called the city home forever, we’re feting the New York that people come to, the city where the world converges. Like E. B. White says in Here is New York, there is the “New York of the person who was born somewhere else and came to New York in quest of something. Of these trembling cities the greatest is the last—the city of final destination, the city that is a goal.”
In anticipation of our website relaunch and the unveiling of our Fall 2012 collection, we’ll be featuring snippets about the city on this blog, and sharing photos on our Pinterest page. To kick things off we asked one of our models, Stephanie Peterson, five questions on her New York experience.
1. Before New York City, where were you? I’m an Airforce brat. I was born in Texas, but only lived there for three years. We then moved to Maryland, Nebraska, Ohio and to New York five years ago.
2. In New York City, where did you first live? Bayside, Queens. It was exciting at first. It’s quiet out in Queens. It’s good to have experience on big city life, so now I live in Chelsea.
3. Favorite NYC Spot? The Chelsea Market. I love walking around the seafood area, especially. And that you can go and sit up on the Highline.
4. Favorite NYC Resto? The Standard bar and grill.
5. What do you love the most about the city? The community feel. And the shopping!